On March 11, the World Health Organization declared Coronavirus, a Pandemic. This virus has become the latest terror in the world. Coronavirus has been identified for a long time now and has always been known to cause various illnesses including common cold but the novel Coronavirus – the Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a new strain that was previously unknown. It is of serious public health concern, and has an unprecedented high mortality rate. At this time, Washington post reports that the global Coronavirus confirmed cases exceeds 2 million, with reported deaths of more than 120 000, but some 500 000 people have recovered.
There is palpable global panic because the virus is very deadly and does not seem to respect geographic, social or political barriers. It is very easily transmitted from human to human.
How do you protect yourself? First of all, it is good to know that the symptoms of COVID 19 infection is pretty much like having flu which includes fever, cough, sneezing and breathing difficulty with possible GI symptoms.
But there is good news– simple measures at your finger tips can save you and your love ones:
- Avoid traveling to affected cities
- Social Distancing: stay at least 2 meters (6 ft) from someone who is coughing or sneezing
- Practice Respiratory hygiene: and cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze then dispose of the tissue immediately and use a face mask when necessary.
- Maintain good hygiene especially frequent hand washing or sanitizing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth especially in public.
- Report to the nearest health facility if you have come in contact with someone who is showing symptoms
- Eat healthily: Good nutrition helps to support or boost your immunity which will help you survive if you ever get infected. For further reading : You could also check
Click For more
You may want to enjoy food and drinks prepared with Ginger, Lemon and Garlic as they have been known traditionally to help fight common cold caused by viruses. While this is not a prescription, we don’t lose anything by eating such foods because even scientists are still struggling to find a cure for COVID-19.
For additional information: click here
Picture credit: Pexels