Are You a New Mum?
You Are Welcome to Motherhood…
The Journey of Love and Care.
Well, nursing is tough in the beginning. But have faith in Mother Nature. Babies are born with the natural instinct to breastfeed, they can actually find the mum’s breast and begin sucking. So let go of all apprehension, many mums has succeeded, Sure! You too can succeed. And remember, in this journey, it gets better with time.
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
Every mother must not breast feed, however, it is vital to know the numerous benefits of breastfeeding. This helps mothers to make an informed choice.
- The first milk after birth is the colostrum. Colostrum is thick, yellowish, fluid superbly made to nourish and protect the baby from diseases. It helps a newborn’s digestive tract develop and prepare itself to digest breast milk
- Breastfeeding is a good way to bond with your baby. The physical contact provides
- Breast milk provides the ideal nutrition for infants and is easily digested by infants
- Breast milk contains natural antibodies that we cannot pay for. It is known that breastfed babies do not fall ill often during the first twelve months of their life. They have fewer colds, diarrhea, sinus and ear infections; have fewer hospitalizations and trips to the doctor.
- Breastfeeding also lowers your baby’s risk of having asthma or allergies.
- Breastfeeding has been linked to higher Intelligence Quotient scores in later childhood.
- Breastfed infants are less likely to become obese.
- Breastfeeding saves you time and money.
- Breastfeeding reduces the chances of breast and ovarian cancers.
- Breastfeeding releases “mothering hormones” like prolactin, which helps keep the baby blues at bay, and oxytocin, which helps the uterus contract.
- Breastfeeding helps in weight loss after pregnancy, it also contributes to flat tummy. It releases the hormone oxytocin, which helps your uterus return to its pre-pregnancy size and may reduce uterine bleeding after birth. https://dearmama360.com/how-i-managed-to-regain-my-body-shape-after-four-kids/
- Breastfeeding also lowers your risk of osteoporosis, too.
- Breastfeeding is really convenient. No formula purchases, no washing of feeding bottles, no waking in the middle of the night to mix baby feed; all you need is to ‘roll over’ and ‘un-zip’. If you have to travel with baby, breastfeeding is oh, so convenient.
- Breast milk is instantly available and is delivered warm.
Check also Bottle feeding
So if you can, why not…