Kid Friendly Smoothie Ideas:
A smoothie is a finely blended juice made of raw vegetables, fruits, and dairy products like milk or yogurt. These can also be either 100% fruit or vegetables or contain both fruit and vegetables and can also be without dairy products. Let me share some kids smoothies ideas with you.
Our kids need fruits and veggies for proper growth and development.
Drinking blended fruits and veggies should be an ‘easy go to’ if your child won’t chew or eat the fruits and vegetables in their solid form, but unfortunately its not an easy habit to pass on to kids unless you started really early.
Great Smoothies Ideas for Kids
• Kale, Cucumber and Banana Smoothie
Kids don’t like the taste of Kale….Even I, although a healthy living fan, do not like the taste. But because it is a nutrient dense leaf, with lots of Vitamin C and K, Calcium, Potassium, Fiber etc.
But you can mask the taste when you blend it with Red or Green Apple and Ripe Banana. It is a very rich and smooth tasting drink. Your kids will love it, its one of the kid friendly smoothies. Let me know when you try it!
· 2 cups chopped kale
· 2 ripe banana
· ½ cup unsweetened yogurt or soy milk
· 1 cucumber
· Lemon juice
Add the banana, chopped kale, cucumber and yoghurt or soy milk to the blender and blend for two minutes, or until you achieve a smooth mixture. Add Ginger (optional) for some Spicy taste.
Spinach Apple Smoothie
If your children don’t like raw spinach, disguise its taste and flavor with apple and banana in this recipe and you may also go for baby spinach.
• 1 cup chopped spinach leaves (If you have my Ninja Professional blender, you won’t need to chop your leaves)
• 2 ripe banana (to add creaminess)
• 1 apple, peeled and chopped (Peel to reduce coarseness of the drink)
• 1 handful of seedless grapes, or berries
• 1 cup (235 ml) yogurt
• Peel banana and chop
• Remove the seeds from the grapes, if any.
• Put the banana, chopped spinach leaves, grapes, yogurt, and apple in a blender and blend for two minutes, or until you achieve a smooth mixture.
• Serve fresh
In general, you can combine virtually any fruit and veggies together.
However for creaminess, add ripe Avocado, Banana, frozen Mango chunks, Peanut butter, Almond butter, also you can always add Milk, Honey, Almond milk, Low Fat Yoghurt, Orange juice, Maple syrup, Stevia, Coconut water, Pineapple juice, Pomegranate juice or Heavy cream, frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries) as Sweeteners and smoothie base.
Because you want to the kids to love the smoothie, to enjoy it and want some more, you have to use only moderate veggies and go-slowly with rough veggies like cabbage or seed such as hemp, flax or chia seeds and oats. If not, they may be disgusted, and will probably not want to try again.
You may decide to begin with orange, pink, purple or even white smoothies, because they are less ‘frightening’ than green ones.
Veggies that you can hide inside a Sweet Smoothie
Other great smoothie ideas are:
• Coconut milk plus avocado plus mango
• Milk plus banana plus peaches plus summer squash
• Yogurt plus banana plus orange plus butternut squash
• Water melon Plus Pineapple Plus Banana
• Banana plus peach plus honey plus cauliflower
For more reading: https://thefirstyearblog.com/rainbow-smoothie/
Our Readers Ask: https://dearmama360.com/can-a-pregnant-woman-drink-zobo/