Here are some behavior patterns of abusers.
1. You always feel humiliated when with them.
2. They demean you and disregard your ideas or suggestions.
3. Your needs dont matter to them.
4. They always have a bag full of curse words to unleash at you.
5. They accuse you of being “too sensitive” in order to rationalize their sarcasm.
5. They are overly possessive and try to control you like a child.
7. You feel like you need permission to make every decision, go out or do something.
They try to control the finances and how you spend money.
They belittle your accomplishments and your ambitions.
You are a never-do-well as long as they are around you
- They love to be respected and are usually intolerant of any seeming lack of respect.
They make excuses for their behavior, try to blame others, and have difficulty apologizing.
They blame you for their problems, life difficulties, or unhappiness.
- They play the victim and try to deflect blame to you rather than taking personal responsibility.
- They hit you and make you feel that you were the reason why their anger is poorly controlled.